Ridgefield Little League
Code of Conduct
ROLE OF PARENTS, GUARDIANS, SUPPORTERS AND PLAYERS
The parents, guardians, supporters and players of Ridgefield Little league represent an impressive cross section of our community. Parents must take the initiative to make Ridgefield Little League successful. Ridgefield Little League is not a club in which membership implies childcare benefits and entertainment privileges. All persons associated with Ridgefield Little League must recognize their actions, and behavior, are often perceived by the public, and our competition, as representative of Ridgefield Little League. Therefore, it is incumbent of all Ridgefield Little League parents, players, coaches, and fans to act as ambassadors of our proud organization.
The Basics (at all times):
• Learn the basic rules of baseball
• Be positive in any criticisms of the program and be willing to volunteer time and/or services to effect improvements.
• Realize that the players are children and need encouragement more than criticism.
• No tobacco use within 100 feet of any playing field and NO ALCOHOL AT ANY TIME.
• No abusive or profane language at any time.
At any game or practice:
• Only players, coaches, umpires or league officials are allowed on the field at any time.
• Demonstrate recognition of the effort expanded by the volunteer personnel by refraining from unsportsmanlike conduct
and “grandstand” coaching.
• Applaud good plays, encourage a greater effort, congratulate the winner and encourage the loser.
• Participate in the end of the game activities (handshake, cheer, clean up, etc)
• Do not interfere with the ability of a coach to devote their attention to the game or practice.
• Do not criticize an opposing team, player, coach, and or fans by word of mouth or gesture.
• No contact with any participant or game official.
Any incident of unsportsmanlike conduct or other violation of Ridgefield Little League rules at any game, practice, or league activity is subject to disciplinary action by the Ridgefield Little League Board of Directors. Disciplinary action can be anything from a request to stop up to expulsion from Ridgefield Little League.
The Little League Parent & Volunteer Pledge
I will teach all children to play fair and do their best.
I will positively support all managers, coaches and players.
I will respect the decision of the umpires.
I will praise a good effort regardless of the outcome of the game.